Jennifer Lawrence: 'I always knew that I was going to be famous'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Anthony Harvey/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: APL/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Jennifer Lawrence's name was destined to end up in lights. Growing up in Louisville, Ky., the Oscar-winning "Silver Linings Playbook" actress never planned to be famous -- but she somehow knew she would be anyway.
"I've never said this before, because there is no way to say it without it being completely misunderstood, but ever since I was really little, I always had a very normal idea of what I wanted: I was going to be a mom and I was going to be a doctor and I was going to live in Kentucky. But I always knew that I was going to be famous," Lawrence, 23, reveals in the September issue of Vogue, for which she was shot by photographer Mario Testino.
"I honest to God don't know how else to describe it," the cover girl continues. "I used to lie in bed and wonder, 'Am I going to be a local TV person? Am I going to be a motivational speaker?' It wasn't a vision. But as it's kind of happening, you have this buried understanding: Of course."
That said, Lawrence still struggles with the idea of living her life in the public eye. "I'm just really starting to feel like a monkey in a zoo," she admits.
"I teeter on seeming ungrateful when I talk about this, but I'm kind of going through a meltdown about it lately," she explains of her massive fame, which is likely to grow even more with the release of this year's "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and 2014's "X-Men: Days of Future Past." "All of a sudden the entire world feels entitled to know everything about me, including what I'm doing on weekends when I'm spending time with my nephew. And I don't have the right to say, 'I'm with my family.'"
"I am just not OK with it," she says. "It's as simple as that. I am just a normal girl and a human being, and I haven't been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal. I'm not going to find peace with it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Lady
From Crowd Ignite