Jennifer Lawrence: 'I always knew that I was going to be famous'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Anthony Harvey/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America6 of 11
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: APL/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Zack Snyder Unites Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Wonder-Woman Gal Gadot at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 10:46:00 AM
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Marvel Unleashes 8 Action-Heavy Character Portraits (PhMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 10:38:00 AM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Zack Snyder Unites Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Wonder-Woman Gal Gadot at Comic-Con
Jennifer Lawrence's name was destined to end up in lights. Growing up in Louisville, Ky., the Oscar-winning "Silver Linings Playbook" actress never planned to be famous -- but she somehow knew she would be anyway.
"I've never said this before, because there is no way to say it without it being completely misunderstood, but ever since I was really little, I always had a very normal idea of what I wanted: I was going to be a mom and I was going to be a doctor and I was going to live in Kentucky. But I always knew that I was going to be famous," Lawrence, 23, reveals in the September issue of Vogue, for which she was shot by photographer Mario Testino.
"I honest to God don't know how else to describe it," the cover girl continues. "I used to lie in bed and wonder, 'Am I going to be a local TV person? Am I going to be a motivational speaker?' It wasn't a vision. But as it's kind of happening, you have this buried understanding: Of course."
That said, Lawrence still struggles with the idea of living her life in the public eye. "I'm just really starting to feel like a monkey in a zoo," she admits.
"I teeter on seeming ungrateful when I talk about this, but I'm kind of going through a meltdown about it lately," she explains of her massive fame, which is likely to grow even more with the release of this year's "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and 2014's "X-Men: Days of Future Past." "All of a sudden the entire world feels entitled to know everything about me, including what I'm doing on weekends when I'm spending time with my nephew. And I don't have the right to say, 'I'm with my family.'"
"I am just not OK with it," she says. "It's as simple as that. I am just a normal girl and a human being, and I haven't been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal. I'm not going to find peace with it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite