Jennifer Lawrence jokes, 'I'm going to wear sweatpants' to the Oscars
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital4 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Review: Bypasses Logic and Drives Straight to the PleasMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:58:01 AM
- Ratings: 'Rules of Engagement' Finale Down; 'Goodwin Games,' &amMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:27:40 AM
- MoviePass Temporarily Removes Wait List, in Advance of Busy Memorial Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:20:41 AM
- 'Behind the Candelabra' Review: Sex, Lies & the ClosetMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 9:04:22 AM
- VH1 Sets 'Gossip Table' For June 3MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:56:16 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Review: Bypasses Logic and Drives Straight to the Pleas
Two years after Jennifer Lawrence made a name for herself as the hot new girl in the tight red dress at the Academy Awards, the actress will return to the Oscar red carpet on Sunday, Feb. 24. And this time, the "Silver Linings Playbook" star plans to make an even bigger fashion statement!
"I'm going to wear sweatpants," Lawrence, 22, joked with reporters at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Monday. But seriously, the actress said, "I have been thinking about it. We've got some sketches together, but nothing decided yet."
She does, however, plan to wear something very different from the jaw-dropping, formfitting red Calvin Klein dress she wore in 2011 when she was a first-time nominee for Best Actress, for her role in "Winter's Bone."
"Last time was comfort. This year, I'm like suck it up, wear a corset. I am going to go for fashion this time," Lawrence explained. "I say that, but that's the problem with the Oscars. They're always at the end where you are just exhausted from dressing up, so I never care. Now, I will. Fashion."
After splitting from boyfriend Nicholas Hoult last month after two years of dating, Lawrence says she "going to try" to bring her parents, Gary and Karen Lawrence, as her escorts to the Oscars.
"It's actually really calm in my household. They don't get it," she said of how her family reacts to award season. "I can talk about other things than myself in my house, which is great. Then the night of the Oscars everybody just gets wasted and has a blast."
And Lawrence likes to keep that calm atmosphere surrounding her the day of the award show while she's getting ready.
"Eating normally calms me down. I remember before the Oscars I was wearing that skintight dress, and I ate a Philly cheesesteak and fries," she recalled. "I was like, 'This is definitely going to help,' which it didn't, 'cause I had to double Spanx it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Find out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Beyonce posts behind-the-scenes shots of the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite