Jennifer Lawrence jokes, 'I'm going to wear sweatpants' to the Oscars
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital4 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Two years after Jennifer Lawrence made a name for herself as the hot new girl in the tight red dress at the Academy Awards, the actress will return to the Oscar red carpet on Sunday, Feb. 24. And this time, the "Silver Linings Playbook" star plans to make an even bigger fashion statement!
"I'm going to wear sweatpants," Lawrence, 22, joked with reporters at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Monday. But seriously, the actress said, "I have been thinking about it. We've got some sketches together, but nothing decided yet."
She does, however, plan to wear something very different from the jaw-dropping, formfitting red Calvin Klein dress she wore in 2011 when she was a first-time nominee for Best Actress, for her role in "Winter's Bone."
"Last time was comfort. This year, I'm like suck it up, wear a corset. I am going to go for fashion this time," Lawrence explained. "I say that, but that's the problem with the Oscars. They're always at the end where you are just exhausted from dressing up, so I never care. Now, I will. Fashion."
After splitting from boyfriend Nicholas Hoult last month after two years of dating, Lawrence says she "going to try" to bring her parents, Gary and Karen Lawrence, as her escorts to the Oscars.
"It's actually really calm in my household. They don't get it," she said of how her family reacts to award season. "I can talk about other things than myself in my house, which is great. Then the night of the Oscars everybody just gets wasted and has a blast."
And Lawrence likes to keep that calm atmosphere surrounding her the day of the award show while she's getting ready.
"Eating normally calms me down. I remember before the Oscars I was wearing that skintight dress, and I ate a Philly cheesesteak and fries," she recalled. "I was like, 'This is definitely going to help,' which it didn't, 'cause I had to double Spanx it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite