Jennifer Lawrence jokes, 'I'm going to wear sweatpants' to the Oscars
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital4 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Two years after Jennifer Lawrence made a name for herself as the hot new girl in the tight red dress at the Academy Awards, the actress will return to the Oscar red carpet on Sunday, Feb. 24. And this time, the "Silver Linings Playbook" star plans to make an even bigger fashion statement!
"I'm going to wear sweatpants," Lawrence, 22, joked with reporters at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Monday. But seriously, the actress said, "I have been thinking about it. We've got some sketches together, but nothing decided yet."
She does, however, plan to wear something very different from the jaw-dropping, formfitting red Calvin Klein dress she wore in 2011 when she was a first-time nominee for Best Actress, for her role in "Winter's Bone."
"Last time was comfort. This year, I'm like suck it up, wear a corset. I am going to go for fashion this time," Lawrence explained. "I say that, but that's the problem with the Oscars. They're always at the end where you are just exhausted from dressing up, so I never care. Now, I will. Fashion."
After splitting from boyfriend Nicholas Hoult last month after two years of dating, Lawrence says she "going to try" to bring her parents, Gary and Karen Lawrence, as her escorts to the Oscars.
"It's actually really calm in my household. They don't get it," she said of how her family reacts to award season. "I can talk about other things than myself in my house, which is great. Then the night of the Oscars everybody just gets wasted and has a blast."
And Lawrence likes to keep that calm atmosphere surrounding her the day of the award show while she's getting ready.
"Eating normally calms me down. I remember before the Oscars I was wearing that skintight dress, and I ate a Philly cheesesteak and fries," she recalled. "I was like, 'This is definitely going to help,' which it didn't, 'cause I had to double Spanx it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite