Jennifer Lawrence jokes, 'I'm going to wear sweatpants' to the Oscars
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital4 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA13 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit ProgramMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:47:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes to Make Acting Debut on 'The Mindy Project'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:01:00 AM
- 'Rosewater' Review: Jon Stewart Gets Earnest With a Real-Life Story of Middle EastMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer: 'Sorry for Being Such an Idiot'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM
- Netflix Tackles Politics in First French Original Series 'Marseille'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:15:00 PM
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit Program
Two years after Jennifer Lawrence made a name for herself as the hot new girl in the tight red dress at the Academy Awards, the actress will return to the Oscar red carpet on Sunday, Feb. 24. And this time, the "Silver Linings Playbook" star plans to make an even bigger fashion statement!
"I'm going to wear sweatpants," Lawrence, 22, joked with reporters at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Monday. But seriously, the actress said, "I have been thinking about it. We've got some sketches together, but nothing decided yet."
She does, however, plan to wear something very different from the jaw-dropping, formfitting red Calvin Klein dress she wore in 2011 when she was a first-time nominee for Best Actress, for her role in "Winter's Bone."
"Last time was comfort. This year, I'm like suck it up, wear a corset. I am going to go for fashion this time," Lawrence explained. "I say that, but that's the problem with the Oscars. They're always at the end where you are just exhausted from dressing up, so I never care. Now, I will. Fashion."
After splitting from boyfriend Nicholas Hoult last month after two years of dating, Lawrence says she "going to try" to bring her parents, Gary and Karen Lawrence, as her escorts to the Oscars.
"It's actually really calm in my household. They don't get it," she said of how her family reacts to award season. "I can talk about other things than myself in my house, which is great. Then the night of the Oscars everybody just gets wasted and has a blast."
And Lawrence likes to keep that calm atmosphere surrounding her the day of the award show while she's getting ready.
"Eating normally calms me down. I remember before the Oscars I was wearing that skintight dress, and I ate a Philly cheesesteak and fries," she recalled. "I was like, 'This is definitely going to help,' which it didn't, 'cause I had to double Spanx it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite