Jennifer Lawrence: My Mom Is 'Like Dina Lohan, But She Has Good Taste!'
- Photo: Tim Walker/W1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: SOAR/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: GONZALO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: MRM/NPG11 of 16
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Rolling Stone/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at FoxMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Amazon Sets Premiere Date for TransparentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Vicki Gunvalson Explained "What Gay Looks Like" On the RHOC ReunionMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Fox Sales Exec Jean Rossi Leaving After 27 YearsMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:06:00 AM
- Vimeo Announces New Distribution PartnersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at Fox
Fightin' words from Katniss Everdeen.
In a sit-down with W magazine's October issue, Jennifer Lawrence talks about an awkward "mom moment" she experienced while she was still in talks to land her sought-after "Hunger Games" role.
"My mom [Karen Lawrence] talked about 'Hunger Game's on the red carpet at the Academy Awards, which was something I had told her a million times not to do," the actress -- who was nominated in 2011 for her role in "Winter's Bone" -- explains of her overexcited mother. Quips Lawrence, "She's like Dina Lohan! -- but she has good taste."
Lawrence also opens up about her part in the upcoming "Silver Linings Playbook" alongside Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro. In the dramedy -- which debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival -- Lawrence befriends Cooper's character in a ballroom dancing class.
The Kentucky native admits she didn't have much dancefloor experience before filming.
"I'm such a bad dancer," Lawrence confesses. "I don't have many talents: I'm not a good cook, I can't clean and I can't sew. The only thing I can do well is shoot a bow and arrow -- which I learned to do for 'The Hunger Game's and will probably never come in handy -- and act."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jennifer Lawrence: My Mom Is "Like Dina Lohan, But She Has Good Taste!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite