Jennifer Lawrence: My Mom Is 'Like Dina Lohan, But She Has Good Taste!'
- Photo: Tim Walker/W1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: SOAR/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: GONZALO/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin10 of 16
- Photo: MRM/NPG11 of 16
- Photo: Marco Piovanotto/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Rolling Stone/Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Fightin' words from Katniss Everdeen.
In a sit-down with W magazine's October issue, Jennifer Lawrence talks about an awkward "mom moment" she experienced while she was still in talks to land her sought-after "Hunger Games" role.
"My mom [Karen Lawrence] talked about 'Hunger Game's on the red carpet at the Academy Awards, which was something I had told her a million times not to do," the actress -- who was nominated in 2011 for her role in "Winter's Bone" -- explains of her overexcited mother. Quips Lawrence, "She's like Dina Lohan! -- but she has good taste."
Lawrence also opens up about her part in the upcoming "Silver Linings Playbook" alongside Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro. In the dramedy -- which debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival -- Lawrence befriends Cooper's character in a ballroom dancing class.
The Kentucky native admits she didn't have much dancefloor experience before filming.
"I'm such a bad dancer," Lawrence confesses. "I don't have many talents: I'm not a good cook, I can't clean and I can't sew. The only thing I can do well is shoot a bow and arrow -- which I learned to do for 'The Hunger Game's and will probably never come in handy -- and act."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Jennifer Lawrence: My Mom Is "Like Dina Lohan, But She Has Good Taste!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest fashion mistakes celebs made in 2012.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite