Jennifer Lawrence rocks new short haircut at GLAAD Media Awards
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Promotional4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America6 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: ADTJ/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital9 of 12
- Photo: Almasi/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Craig Harris/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Tarantino's 'Hateful 8' Teaser Basically Just Lists Names of His CharacteMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:24:00 AM
- Jason Katims Developing Medical Drama for CBSMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:08:00 AM
- Dating Naked Contestant Sues VH1 for Airing Crotch ShotMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 6:05:00 AM
- 5 Freaky Facts From Fractured Summer Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:00:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Live Eviction: Julie Chen Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, HouseguestMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:21:00 AM
- Tarantino's 'Hateful 8' Teaser Basically Just Lists Names of His Characte
Jennifer Lawrence has always been a cut above -- and now she has the hair to match. On Saturday, April 20, the "Silver Linings Playbook" Oscar-winner debuted a short new 'do at the 2013 GLAAD Media Awards presented by Ketel One Vodka, where she was joined by celebs including Drew Barrymore, Charlize Theron, Darren Criss, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Prior to taking the stage with famed movie exec Harvey Weinstein, the "Hunger Games" actress posed for photographs on the red carpet inside the JW Marriott at L.A. Live. Her formerly long blonde locks were shorn into shoulder-length layers with side-swept bangs, like a longer version of model Karlie Kloss' chin-length chop, which The New York Times dubbed "the haircut of the year" in January. The chic style complemented her equally chic ensemble: a black flared David Koma dress with sheer detailing, matching black Nicholas Kirkwood heels, and jewelry by David Webb.
Lawrence -- recently named one of TIME magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World -- was on hand to introduce former President Bill Clinton, who received the Advocate for Change Award. During his acceptance speech, he joked that he was like a dinosaur next to the 22-year-old star.
It looked like "she was touring the Museum of Natural History" backstage, Clinton, 66, quipped playfully, noting that "she was like 2 years old" when he took office in January 1993. (In fact, that's not an exaggeration; the actress was born in August 1990.)
Lawrence, for her part, endeared herself to both the politician and the crowd when she tripped over President Clinton's name in her introduction and accidentally read some of Weinstein's lines instead of her own. "It's not my comfort zone," she recently told U.K. magazine Fabulous of speaking in public. "Making movies is where I belong. I shouldn't be heard just talking. So, when I'm doing movies, I'm really happy. That's where I'm comfortable, that's my home. When you put me on a red carpet or on a stage, I turn into chihuahua Jennifer."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite