Jessica Chastain: I Don't Hate Jennifer Lawrence!
- Photo: Richard Kendal/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Richard Kendal/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: BT1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:21:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC and Fox Tie on Labor DayMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:04:00 AM
- Spike TV Names 'Crossbones' Producer Ted Gold as SVP, Scripted Original SeriesMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:36:00 AM
- US Journalist Steven Sotloff Beheaded by ISIS in New Video (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:34:00 AM
- Ceelo Green Accused of Tweeting: 'People Who Have Really Been Raped REMEMBER!!!'MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 9:09:00 AM
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016
Jessica Chastain is setting the record straight. On Friday, Showbiz Spy published an article entitled "Jessica Chastain Hates Jennifer Lawrence," in which an unnamed source claimed the "Zero Dark Thirty" star was "furious" about Lawrence's recent "Saturday Night Live" appearance.
During Lawrence's opening monologue, she joked about her awards show competition, saying, "Jessica Chastain? More like Jessica Chast-ain't winning an Oscar on my watch. In 'Zero Dark Thirty' you caught Bin Laden. So what? In 'Winter's Bone' I caught a squirrel -- and then I ate it. Boom! Deal with that."
Though Chastain and Lawrence are vying for the same accolades, the redhead insists she's a fan of the "Silver Linings Playbook" star, 22. In a Facebook post published Sunday, Feb. 10, Chastain wrote, "I find it very sad that media makes up bogus stories about women fighting in this industry. Filming The Help was the most amazing experience and yet, that is the film I'm most asked about in regards to 'fighting on set.' Why do we support the myth that women are competitive and cannot get along?"
Chastain, 35, continued, "I think all of the actresses recognized this year have given incredible performances. But more important, they've all shown themselves to be filled with generosity and kindness. I've done two photo shoots with Jennifer Lawrence over the years and have found her to be utterly charming and a great talent. I've told her how beautiful her film work is."
"Please don't allow the media to perpetuate the myth that women aren't supportive of each other. Every time an actress is celebrated for her great work, I cheer. For the more brilliant their performance, the more the audience demands stories about women," the Tree of Life actress concluded. "With support and encouragement, we help to inspire this industry to create opportunities for women. And as we all know: a great year for women in film, is just a great year for film."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Celeb rivals: Which side are you on?
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite