Jessica Chastain: I'm very shy when it comes to guys
- Photo: JM11/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Stefan Jeremiah/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks3 of 15
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Inivision/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jeffrey Ufberg/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Jessica Chastain is a fan of the chase.
Appearing on the December cover of Marie Claire, the single 35-year-old opens up about why she's yet to meet The One. "I'm very shy when it comes to guys," the star admits.
According to Chastain, one of her friends once told her, "'Now that you're successful, you have to be more overt with men. You have to make it very clear that you're interested, otherwise they won't [approach you].'" That's been a problem for the famous redhead. "I like to be wooed," she explains, "but I've had to be more outwardly available, I guess."
For Chastain, whose onscreen love interests include Brad Pitt, Mike Vogel and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, her career has always come first. "I never wanted to be a movie star. I wanted to be an actor. I don't really drink, and I've never been to a rave," she says of her days at Julliard. "I used to cut school to read Shakespeare, not to make out in the park."
Though she's earned critical acclaim in the past few years, Chastain insists she's the same California girl she's always been.
"I used to have a lot of anxiety about how I was going to stay afloat, because as soon as I graduated, I never asked my parents for money. I always supported myself through acting and would make money last a long time. I understand the value of money, and I'm not an impulsive buyer. I bought a new laptop three years ago, and before I bought it, I spent a month thinking about buying it," she tells Marie Claire. "So my lifestyle hasn't changed, except my anxiety about paying the rent is gone."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite