Jessica Simpson Calls Melrose Place "Crap" After Ashlee Is Fired
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Fixed Focal/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: RD / Dodson/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Aaron Harris/Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Gina James/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
The singer, 29, used to promote her sister's former show regularly on her Twitter ("Everyone watch my sis on melrose place tonight," she wrote Oct. 20).
But on Sunday, she changed her tune drastically. Jessica wrote: "CW catching up on MP.who writes this crap?i have had bad scripts to work with,but this? thank God my sister is amazing and got you some press."
According to the new issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands now), Ashlee, a veteran of TV's 7th Heaven, was canned because producers thought she couldn't act.
"They hired her because they needed a good name to help create buzz," a set insider told Us Weekly. "But she was embarrassingly bad. Producers cut her down as much as possible."
Seconds another source: "She's the worst actress, but nobody will tell her."
What's next for Ashlee?
Possibly more acting.
Us Weekly reports the mom of 11-month-old Bronx (dad is rocker Pete Wentz, 30) doesn't want to return to her songstress roots. "She's reading scripts. Acting is her focus now," a source tells Us Weekly. "If she had an album, she'd have to tour and be away from Bronx. She wants consistency."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite