- Photo: Gary Lewis/Kiley Bishop/Retna Digital1 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: Alex Whistler/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
By Kat Giantis
Jess, whose birthday eve drop-kicking by Tony Romo in July was followed by the recent coyote-napping of her beloved maltipoo Daisy, joined Gerard Butler for dinner at Manhattan hot spot Soho House on Tuesday night, reports the New York Post.
While the paper characterizes the get-together as "a date," the twosome had plenty of company, including Simpson's hair guru-cum-BFF, Ken Paves.
"They were at a table with friends, but Jessica and Gerard, who sat next to each other, seemed to only be interested in each other and chatted for hours," says an eyewitness, who apparently reads body language cues and had nothing better to do on Tuesday evening except stare at the stars. "They were laughing and flirting and eventually left together, along with Ken."
While their reps aren't commenting on the night out, an insider tells us, "There is nothing going on romantically between them." Still, if it really was a date, we can't help but wonder: Does this pairing make sense?
Butler, who spent much of the summer denying reports that he was hot and heavy with "Bounty" co-star Jennifer Aniston, is known for his romantic ADD and contradictory preference when it comes to feminine brainpower.
"Sometimes along the way in my life I don't want a smart woman right now, I want a dumb woman," the threesome-enjoying actor attempted to explain not too long ago. "But then you think, that doesn't work, now I want a smart woman. Then you get a smart woman and you go no, that doesn't work, so it's just killing me right now."
The upshot: Jessica should probably give her dizzy blonde "chicken or fish" routine a try, but if Gerry doesn't appear sufficiently turned on, she might want to discuss the hermeneutic circle as it relates to Heidegger's "Being and Time."
Oh, and for maximum effect, the well-stacked former Mrs. Nick Lachey would be wise to talk while leaning forward.
"If a woman has great breasts, I'd love to tell her so. But in polite society, you can't do that, which is a shame," Butler recently kvetched, adding, "My problem with women is I love them all, really. If I see a woman who is sweet and innocent, I fall in love with her, I want to hug her and take care of her and all that lovely stuff. Then I see this sex-kitten type walking past me and I think, 'Wow! That's my woman!' I appreciate women for all sorts of reasons and it can get complicated."
Speaking of complicated, that's supposedly how the sweet-meets-sex-kitten Simpson can sometimes make her relationships, at least according to one loose-lipped friend.
"Jessica is very needy. She is very clingy," a pal alleged to People magazine last month. "She is so sweet, but sometimes because of that she's hard to be around. It's not always easy. She hates to be alone. That's what happened with Tony. Jessica smothers people. She doesn't really have any hobbies."
But she does have a forthcoming reality show called "The Price of Beauty," which is keeping her plenty busy, so much so that it looks like a second meet-up with Butler will have to wait. On Wednesday, Simpson tweeted than she and Paves were on their way to India.
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite