J.Lo and Cameron Diaz Talk C-Sections and Prosthetic BreastsRelated: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 20
- Photo: BT1/WENN10 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP13 of 20
- Photo: FameFlynet/.14 of 20
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet17 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet18 of 20
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Goldstar's Jim McCarthy on why live is betterMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 5:31:31 AM
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy careerMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:22:07 AM
- 'The Voice' Wraps Season 4, Crowns New Winner (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:53:07 AM
- 7 Characters You Are Likely to Encounter at the Cannes Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:39:23 PM
- Marriage Struggles to Stand a Short Test of Time in 'I Give It a Year' Trailer (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:26:02 PM
- Goldstar's Jim McCarthy on why live is better
By Scott Huver
When mom-in-real-life Jennifer Lopez and mom-in-the-movie Cameron Diaz get together to talk about their new film, "What to Expect When You're Expecting," Wonderwall discovered that the topics aren't quite as glamorous as you might imagine: having and witnessing C-sections, the effects of "baby brain," swollen feet and spreading ribcages, pumped-up biceps and sagging prosthetic breasts.
On their real-life experiences, first- and secondhand, with childbirth:
Jennifer Lopez: "I had a C-section, but my sister gave birth six months later -- we got pregnant around the same time -- and she asked me to be in the delivery room with her, and I was, like, 'Wow!' Because I had twins and that was recommended for me to have a C-section, and there was a part of me [that] had thought, 'I didn't get to do it the way that everybody else does.' But when I saw my sister pushing that baby out, I was like, 'Maybe this was all right! Maybe this was a better out.' So that was an experience."
Cameron Diaz: "I've seen it twice. The first time I watched was my sister, who had a C-section -- my sister was like, 'I'm not going to have this baby if you're not in the room!' And I was like, 'No, you are going to have this baby no matter what!' So I was in and they were doing a C-section and she was like, 'Will you come in with me?' And I was like, 'What? What? Why didn't anybody tell me?' I was 24, and I was thinking, 'Oh, just go in there,' and there was just like blood everywhere, my sister's guts out on a platter, and the inside, all of her intestines. ... It was crazy, dude!"
Lopez: "I don't want all those details, because there was a sheet separating me from all that going on, and I didn't have to see it!"
Diaz: "I was looking at it like, 'Oh, my God!' But the vaginal delivery was crazy -- no man should ever see it! Never let a man see that. Never."
On the usefulness of the original book, "What to Expect When You're Expecting":
Lopez: "I found the book to be so incredibly accurate while I was pregnant, and honestly, I just see why everybody has this book and why it's the first thing that you get when you find out that you're pregnant, because it just takes you through everything. It's the type of thing everybody's talked about your whole life but you know nothing about when it's happening to you. And this book helps you to not freak out. ... I even remember after reading the book, sitting in my bed with these twins -- and I had a C-section, so I was obviously in a lot of pain, and I get like this sometimes: 'No painkillers, 'cause I don't drink, I don't smoke' -- I'm like, 'No, I'm not going to take the painkillers.' (Laughs.) But I am going crazy from the pain, and I want to hold the babies but I can't, because it hurts too much. And so I have this baby nurse helping out, and I'd say to Marc at the time, 'The babies don't love me! They don't love me and they're not going to know me and they're going to love the nurse!' And I start crying and the whole thing. And he's like, 'The babies love you, trust me! They don't even know anything yet.' I'm like, 'No, I'm their mother -- I should be holding them!' And I open the book, and it was on this specific day that you get this hormone drop and it's the 10th day and it's called the baby blues, and I was like [counts on her fingers]. 'That's happening to me! That's what's happening to me right now!' And it made it so much better, because, really, you do really feel out of sorts, and you don't know what's going on. And so in that sense, it's just a great tool book."
On Cameron changing physiques for the movie:
Diaz: "Those were my natural pistolas. It's called consistency: You have to be consistent with fitness, but what was fun about that part was that I love to work out. It's just for me, I love it, and it's something that I enjoy doing, and I think it's important to take care of your body -- not just for today but for the rest of your life. I stay fit because I want to be 60 and doing all the things I'm doing now, and so I like to stay strong. Being in one place and being able to train consistently, eat properly, do all that and then dance for a whole week, it changes your body. All those movements help to make the body a little bit tighter."
On Jennifer's brief moment of pregnancy panic:
Lopez: "I had a real ideal pregnancy. I was on tour until I was six and a half months pregnant, and I didn't really blow up until I was, like, eight and a half months -- with the nose, the whole thing, the ankles and everything -- but I wasn't really scared. I remember having one moment of panic sitting in the living room, just sitting there, and I think it just hit me that I was going to be responsible for two other human beings. And just for one second, just for like 'Boom!' -- like a wave -- and then it went away. But the realization in your subconscious is there, but then it hits you again when they start talking. Like, 'Oh my God! I have to control this somehow! You can't do this, you can't do that' But I just had a really great time, and I still am. When you have kids, every day they just bring so much joy and happiness to your life. They just bring you right back down to earth."
On bodily changes, both real and via movie magic:
Lopez: "I used to fit into the [designer] sample sizes that only had to open up the hips a little bit for me, but up here, I was like, 'Mmm, just like the models' ... But now my ribs opened up a little, and your body does change. [My feet got bigger, too.] I was like, 'What am I going to do with all these great shoes?' But it does go back -- almost."
Diaz: "[Matthew Morrison] got to see my prosthetic breasts -- my pregnant breasts -- which were really amazing. I was like, 'Wow! Those are awesome!' But then, when they put them on, because it was just the top part in the Atlanta heat, I aged about 40 years by the end of two hours. They were literally hanging down to my hips! They were just drooping down, like they were just melting off my body, and it was really not attractive. I flashed Elizabeth Banks when I first got them, too."
On the popular notion that a woman's brain shrinks by 8 percent when she's pregnant:
Lopez: "I was on tour, the song starts and I was like [makes a blank face], 'Anybody know the lyrics to this song?' I totally forgot the lyrics to my own song! And I was like, 'This is bad,' but then I was, like, 'I'm pregnant -- who cares?' And I look back at my band and I'm like, 'Anybody?' They didn't know if I was just having a moment, and I was like, 'I really just don't know the words!' You do, you get baby brain."
Diaz: "I definitely should not have a baby then, because I ain't got 8 percent brain to spare!"
- Brad Pitt's Changing Looks
- Hollywood's Hottest Dads
- Mark Wahlberg's Shirtless Looks
- Prince William & Duchess Kate's Cutest Couple Moments
- Stars with tattoos of other celebs
- Brooke Shields' Changing Looks
- Carrie Underwood's Evolving Looks
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Cast Yearbook Photos
- Worst Celeb Sunburns
- Celeb Twins
- Celebs Who Work Out on the Beach
- Country Music's Hottest Couples
- Worst spring wardrobes
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Romance Retro
- WATN: 'Boy Meets World'
- Tim McGraw's changing looks
- Craziest Kim Kardashian pregnancy rumors
- Celebs Who Look Like Their Pets
- Mariah & Nick's Matching Style
- Hollywood's Tomboys
- The Royal Couple's Favorite Sports
- Kim Kardashian's Curvy Maternity Style
- WATN: 'Jurassic Park'
- January Jones' Retro Looks
- The Rock's Soft Side
- WATN: 'Veronica Mars'
- WATN: 'Beetlejuice'
- Fergie's Changing Looks
- Star Twitter Quitters
- Hollywood's Hottest Ryans
- Insured Celebrity Body Parts
- Most Expensive Celeb Engagement Rings
- Sweetest Celeb PDA
- Kim Kardashian's Tightest Looks
- Olivia Wilde's Best Street Style
- Justin Timberlake's Many Looks
- Hottest Royal Beach Bodies
- Celebrity Pets with Famous Names
- Michelle Williams' Best Fashion Moments
- Lindsay Lohan's Changing Looks
- Justin Bieber's Changing Hair
- Most Awkward People on the Red Carpet
- WATN: '7th Heaven'
- Ke$ha's Worst Looks
- Worst Oscar Fashion
- George Clooney's Oscar Dates
- Most Embarrassing Celeb Splits
- Stars Before They Were Oscar Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Fashion Moments
- Rihanna's Sexiest Grammy Style
- Drew Barrymore's Craziest Looks
- Jennifer Aniston's Changing Looks
- Worst Dressed Celeb Designers
- Anne Hathaway's Oscar Looks
- Grammy's Hottest Couples
- Taylor Swift's Best Grammy Fashion
- WATN: 'Wonder Years'
- Destiny's Child's Most Iconic Looks
- Best Off-Season Bikini Bods
- Emma Stone's Best Red-Carpet Looks
- Celeb Flashers
- Mariah Carey's Biggest Feuds
- Mariah Carey's Wacky Wardrobe
- Britney Spears' Wackiest Red Carpet Poses
- Celeb Makeup Mistakes
- Ryan Gosling's Leading Ladies
- Nicole Kidman's Golden Globe Fashion
- Katy Perry's Year as a Single Gal
- Celebs Who've Removed Romantic Tattoos
- Most Memorable Celeb Holiday Cards
- Five of the Worst Celeb Winter Wardrobes
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Romance Retro
- Stars Who Are Aging in Reverse
- Christina Aguilera's Worst Looks
- 2012's One Hit Wonders
- Celebs Without Makeup
- Best and Worst Beach Bodies of 2012
- 2012 Fashion Don'ts
- Craziest Beauty Trends of 2012
- Celebs Who Survived Cheating Scandals
- The Turkeys of 2012
- Kristen Stewart's Best Red Carpet Moments
- WATN: 'Less Than Zero'
- Star Couples Who Went from Friends to Lovers
- The Most Famous Celebrity Pets
- The Hottest Celebrity Halloween Costumes
- WATN: 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'
- Jessica Biel's White Hot Red Carpet Style
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite