Jodie Foster: Kristen Stewart Is My Other Daughter
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Sony Pictures2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Inivision/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
Jodie Foster is one proud mama -- er, costar!
The 49-year-old actress attended Comic-Con in San Diego for her first time this week to promoted her new film, "Elysium" with Matt Damon. But Foster was overwhelmed by the excited fans and blames her "Panic Room" co-star Kristen Stewart (a Comic-Con pro after promoting "Twilight") for not preparing her.
"[Kristen] really should've given me some tips," she told "Access Hollywood." The two starred together in "Panic Room" in 2002 when Stewart, now 22, was only 12 years old.
And Foster is seriously very impressed by her former on-screen daughter and how her career has progressed. "I'm proud of her," she said. "I feel like she's my daughter too!"
"She's doing great," Foster explained. "I just saw 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' which I thought was extraordinary and I thought she was absolutely brilliant in."
In a 2011 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Foster said she was surprised Stewart decided to continue acting after filming "Panic Room."
"I just love Kristen Stewart, but I didn't think she'd choose to be an actress," she explained of the now popular "Twilight" star. "I said to her mom, 'She doesn't want that, right?' And she's like, 'Well, yes, she kind of does.’ Because she's very much like me: She's not comfortable in life being a big externally, emotional person, beating her chest, crying every five minutes. I felt she was such an intelligent technician, so interested in camera -- I thought that would translate to other things."
But Stewart revealed at Comic-Con last week during the press conference for The "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" that she wishes she could have used her acting skills even more in the film. The actress shared her disappointment with fans that her vampire sex scenes with costar Robert Pattinson (also her real-life boyfriend of over three years) were restricted.
"The ratings, man!" she said. "In the second one, we just wanted to be animals. We're not human anymore. How do you do that? We tried, and they told us it was rated R, and we were like [snaps fingers]. So, yeah, I'm going to stop."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite