Jodie Foster: Kristen Stewart Is My Other Daughter
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Sony Pictures2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin4 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Inivision/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Jodie Foster is one proud mama -- er, costar!
The 49-year-old actress attended Comic-Con in San Diego for her first time this week to promoted her new film, "Elysium" with Matt Damon. But Foster was overwhelmed by the excited fans and blames her "Panic Room" co-star Kristen Stewart (a Comic-Con pro after promoting "Twilight") for not preparing her.
"[Kristen] really should've given me some tips," she told "Access Hollywood." The two starred together in "Panic Room" in 2002 when Stewart, now 22, was only 12 years old.
And Foster is seriously very impressed by her former on-screen daughter and how her career has progressed. "I'm proud of her," she said. "I feel like she's my daughter too!"
"She's doing great," Foster explained. "I just saw 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' which I thought was extraordinary and I thought she was absolutely brilliant in."
In a 2011 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Foster said she was surprised Stewart decided to continue acting after filming "Panic Room."
"I just love Kristen Stewart, but I didn't think she'd choose to be an actress," she explained of the now popular "Twilight" star. "I said to her mom, 'She doesn't want that, right?' And she's like, 'Well, yes, she kind of does.’ Because she's very much like me: She's not comfortable in life being a big externally, emotional person, beating her chest, crying every five minutes. I felt she was such an intelligent technician, so interested in camera -- I thought that would translate to other things."
But Stewart revealed at Comic-Con last week during the press conference for The "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" that she wishes she could have used her acting skills even more in the film. The actress shared her disappointment with fans that her vampire sex scenes with costar Robert Pattinson (also her real-life boyfriend of over three years) were restricted.
"The ratings, man!" she said. "In the second one, we just wanted to be animals. We're not human anymore. How do you do that? We tried, and they told us it was rated R, and we were like [snaps fingers]. So, yeah, I'm going to stop."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite