Jodie Foster: Mel Gibson Is Struggling
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Dambouris/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Ginsburg/Spaly/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: FRANCOIS MORI/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Mel Gibson has at least one friend left in Hollywood: Jodie Foster.
Foster, 47, is standing by Gibson, 54, whom she has known since they made "Maverick" together in 1994, as he endures the worst publicity of his career in his vicious battle with ex Oksana Grigorieva. (He's accused of domestic violence and allegedly has been recorded making countless racist, misogynist and obscene rants.)
Actress Foster tells the October issue of More magazine that Gibson is "the easiest, nicest person I've ever worked with ... The second I met him, I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life."
Even after Gibson's latest scandal erupted, Foster spoke up on his behalf.
"When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they are struggling," Foster told More. (In the wake of his notorious tapes, Gibson was dropped by his talent agency.)
The twosome have collaborated again on upcoming flick "The Beaver," starring Gibson and directed by Foster. "Mel is an undeniably gifted actor and director, and 'The Beaver' is one of his most powerful and moving performances," she exclaims.
"But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can help him get through this dark moment," Foster added.
In a March 1 email just unearthed by TMZ, Gibson calls himself a "f------ failure," and tells Grigorieva: "I really am losing my grip. I desperately need a solution. Sorry it has to affect you. I can't stand anything any more ... I'm stuck." Writing from his iPhone, the actor continues, "It's a primal scream thing. The pain is too great & everywhere I turn is making it heavier. Oh to have peace! Oh to have joy. Oh to be able to provide it for another."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite