John Cleese weds for the fourth time
- Photo: CHC/ZDS/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn
British funnyman John Cleese has wed a woman 31 years his junior.
The former "Monty Python" star, 72, quietly exchanged vows with Jennifer Wade, 41, in a romantic ceremony on the Caribbean island of Mustique.
Opening up about the recent nuptials in Britain's Hello! magazine, Cleese brands his new, fourth wife "an extraordinary one-off" and adds, "I knew from the moment I met her that this could be something very serious."
The actor also reveals he "fought back tears" as they exchanged vows before a Methodist minister in a private villa.
Cleese, who was forced to hand over $12.8 million in cash and assets to Alice Faye Eichelberger, his third wife of 16 years, following their 2008 split, says, "I never felt there was anything wrong with the institution of marriage - the only thing wrong was my ability to choose the right person.
"I couldn’t imagine being with anyone other than Jenny now. And, with my record, that’s a pretty remarkable thing to say."
His new wife adds, "We’re kindred spirits. When people see us together, they immediately get it."
Cleese met the jewelry designer in 2009 after they were introduced by mutual friends.
This isn't her first marriage either - she split from businessman Richard Norris in 2009, ending their four-year union.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite