John Cleese weds for the fourth time
- Photo: CHC/ZDS/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
British funnyman John Cleese has wed a woman 31 years his junior.
The former "Monty Python" star, 72, quietly exchanged vows with Jennifer Wade, 41, in a romantic ceremony on the Caribbean island of Mustique.
Opening up about the recent nuptials in Britain's Hello! magazine, Cleese brands his new, fourth wife "an extraordinary one-off" and adds, "I knew from the moment I met her that this could be something very serious."
The actor also reveals he "fought back tears" as they exchanged vows before a Methodist minister in a private villa.
Cleese, who was forced to hand over $12.8 million in cash and assets to Alice Faye Eichelberger, his third wife of 16 years, following their 2008 split, says, "I never felt there was anything wrong with the institution of marriage - the only thing wrong was my ability to choose the right person.
"I couldn’t imagine being with anyone other than Jenny now. And, with my record, that’s a pretty remarkable thing to say."
His new wife adds, "We’re kindred spirits. When people see us together, they immediately get it."
Cleese met the jewelry designer in 2009 after they were introduced by mutual friends.
This isn't her first marriage either - she split from businessman Richard Norris in 2009, ending their four-year union.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite