John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
After a whirlwind of a week, John Travolta's first accuser -- known simply as John Doe for privacy reasons -- has dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against the actor.
This dismissal comes on the heels of evidence that contradicted the date John Doe gave for the alleged incident. John Doe claimed Travolta made sexual advances during a massage appointment at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16.
Travolta's lawyer later provided a photo that indicated Travolta was at the Greenwich Hotel in New York and enjoying meals at Mr. Chow that evening. John Doe's former lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, claimed that Travolta could have traveled there in time.
Okorocha explained the case dismissal to People.com: "Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways."
Despite Tuesday's dismissal of the first case in the U.S. District Court, a second John Doe is still suing John Travolta for $2 million, but his lawyer said on May 14 that he's willing to settle the case for $250,000.
The second John Doe alleges that he, too, had an inappropriate encounter while giving the actor a massage at an Atlanta hotel.
Okorocha, who formerly represented the first John Doe and still represents the second one, believes other men may come forward.
Okorcha said, "There's a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations. Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon."
Through his lawyer, Martin Singer, John Travolta has denied all of these claims.
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Ready to Wed
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Kanye and Kim Kardashian, see all the celebs who got engaged this year.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite