John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Bloody Brawl Breaks Out at Bravo Premiere for Pageant Series 'Game of Crowns'MSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:27:00 AM
- Read Dana Walden, Gary Newman's Internal Fox Memo: 'We Couldn't Be More EMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:17:00 AM
- Dana Walden, Gary Newman to Head Fox Network, 20th Century Fox TV Under New UmbrellaMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:02:00 AM
- 'Opie and Anthony' Host Gregg Hughes Defends Cumia: I Do Not Believe Anthony ShoulMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 7:47:00 AM
- World Cup Final Shatters Facebook, Twitter RecordsMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 7:10:00 AM
- Bloody Brawl Breaks Out at Bravo Premiere for Pageant Series 'Game of Crowns'
After a whirlwind of a week, John Travolta's first accuser -- known simply as John Doe for privacy reasons -- has dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against the actor.
This dismissal comes on the heels of evidence that contradicted the date John Doe gave for the alleged incident. John Doe claimed Travolta made sexual advances during a massage appointment at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16.
Travolta's lawyer later provided a photo that indicated Travolta was at the Greenwich Hotel in New York and enjoying meals at Mr. Chow that evening. John Doe's former lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, claimed that Travolta could have traveled there in time.
Okorocha explained the case dismissal to People.com: "Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways."
Despite Tuesday's dismissal of the first case in the U.S. District Court, a second John Doe is still suing John Travolta for $2 million, but his lawyer said on May 14 that he's willing to settle the case for $250,000.
The second John Doe alleges that he, too, had an inappropriate encounter while giving the actor a massage at an Atlanta hotel.
Okorocha, who formerly represented the first John Doe and still represents the second one, believes other men may come forward.
Okorcha said, "There's a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations. Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon."
Through his lawyer, Martin Singer, John Travolta has denied all of these claims.
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen posts pics of her bikini body and beach vacation with hubby Tom Brady and daughter Vivian on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Bods!
From Crowd Ignite