John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
After a whirlwind of a week, John Travolta's first accuser -- known simply as John Doe for privacy reasons -- has dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against the actor.
This dismissal comes on the heels of evidence that contradicted the date John Doe gave for the alleged incident. John Doe claimed Travolta made sexual advances during a massage appointment at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16.
Travolta's lawyer later provided a photo that indicated Travolta was at the Greenwich Hotel in New York and enjoying meals at Mr. Chow that evening. John Doe's former lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, claimed that Travolta could have traveled there in time.
Okorocha explained the case dismissal to People.com: "Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways."
Despite Tuesday's dismissal of the first case in the U.S. District Court, a second John Doe is still suing John Travolta for $2 million, but his lawyer said on May 14 that he's willing to settle the case for $250,000.
The second John Doe alleges that he, too, had an inappropriate encounter while giving the actor a massage at an Atlanta hotel.
Okorocha, who formerly represented the first John Doe and still represents the second one, believes other men may come forward.
Okorcha said, "There's a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations. Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon."
Through his lawyer, Martin Singer, John Travolta has denied all of these claims.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite