John Travolta talks about his children, collaborating with Olivia Newton-John
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Marco Provvisionato/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
By Chris Gardner
Sibling rivalry isn't an issue in John Travolta and Kelly Preston's home.
In an interview with Wonderwall during the G'Day USA black-tie gala at LA Live's JW Marriott on Jan. 12, 2013, the actor gushed that his 12-year-old daughter, Ella, who "gets a big kick" out of her 2-year-old brother, Benjamin.
"She laughs a lot with him and they joke together. They're very loving towards each other," said Travolta. "I think 10 years between the children is really enough time to not be jealous and be a real older sibling. If you get too much younger than that they still want to have all of the attention, but by 8 or 10 they've had all the attention they need."
It could be that kind of domestic bliss that leads Kelly Preston to describe being parents at this stage in their lives -- Travolta is 58 and Preston is 50 -- as "wonderful" and "magical."
"It keeps you young because you think that it's over, and here you are, starting over again," Travolta explained. "It's kind of cool."
RELATED: The year in celebritots
Part of the youthful cool could be attributed to their active offspring. Preston describes Benjamin as "very athletic." "He's playing basketball and soccer," she said. "He's a jock really."
Travolta added that his children also inherited some of his musical genes. "My kids are musically inclined," he said. "Of course my son is 2, so that hasn't (fully) developed yet, but my daughter has interests in lots of different musical instruments and she's a good singer."
Speaking of music, Travolta dished that his recent collaboration with his "Grease" squeeze Olivia Newton-John on a Christmas album is just a taste of what's to come.
"We're going to try to add a couple of songs to the album every year and then maybe do a music video each year," he said.
RELATED: BING: Unusual baby names
Get out the vote
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite