John Travolta talks about his children, collaborating with Olivia Newton-John
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Marco Provvisionato/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
By Chris Gardner
Sibling rivalry isn't an issue in John Travolta and Kelly Preston's home.
In an interview with Wonderwall during the G'Day USA black-tie gala at LA Live's JW Marriott on Jan. 12, 2013, the actor gushed that his 12-year-old daughter, Ella, who "gets a big kick" out of her 2-year-old brother, Benjamin.
"She laughs a lot with him and they joke together. They're very loving towards each other," said Travolta. "I think 10 years between the children is really enough time to not be jealous and be a real older sibling. If you get too much younger than that they still want to have all of the attention, but by 8 or 10 they've had all the attention they need."
It could be that kind of domestic bliss that leads Kelly Preston to describe being parents at this stage in their lives -- Travolta is 58 and Preston is 50 -- as "wonderful" and "magical."
"It keeps you young because you think that it's over, and here you are, starting over again," Travolta explained. "It's kind of cool."
RELATED: The year in celebritots
Part of the youthful cool could be attributed to their active offspring. Preston describes Benjamin as "very athletic." "He's playing basketball and soccer," she said. "He's a jock really."
Travolta added that his children also inherited some of his musical genes. "My kids are musically inclined," he said. "Of course my son is 2, so that hasn't (fully) developed yet, but my daughter has interests in lots of different musical instruments and she's a good singer."
Speaking of music, Travolta dished that his recent collaboration with his "Grease" squeeze Olivia Newton-John on a Christmas album is just a taste of what's to come.
"We're going to try to add a couple of songs to the album every year and then maybe do a music video each year," he said.
RELATED: BING: Unusual baby names
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite