John Travolta talks about his children, collaborating with Olivia Newton-John
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Marco Provvisionato/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: VPC/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
By Chris Gardner
Sibling rivalry isn't an issue in John Travolta and Kelly Preston's home.
In an interview with Wonderwall during the G'Day USA black-tie gala at LA Live's JW Marriott on Jan. 12, 2013, the actor gushed that his 12-year-old daughter, Ella, who "gets a big kick" out of her 2-year-old brother, Benjamin.
"She laughs a lot with him and they joke together. They're very loving towards each other," said Travolta. "I think 10 years between the children is really enough time to not be jealous and be a real older sibling. If you get too much younger than that they still want to have all of the attention, but by 8 or 10 they've had all the attention they need."
It could be that kind of domestic bliss that leads Kelly Preston to describe being parents at this stage in their lives -- Travolta is 58 and Preston is 50 -- as "wonderful" and "magical."
"It keeps you young because you think that it's over, and here you are, starting over again," Travolta explained. "It's kind of cool."
RELATED: The year in celebritots
Part of the youthful cool could be attributed to their active offspring. Preston describes Benjamin as "very athletic." "He's playing basketball and soccer," she said. "He's a jock really."
Travolta added that his children also inherited some of his musical genes. "My kids are musically inclined," he said. "Of course my son is 2, so that hasn't (fully) developed yet, but my daughter has interests in lots of different musical instruments and she's a good singer."
Speaking of music, Travolta dished that his recent collaboration with his "Grease" squeeze Olivia Newton-John on a Christmas album is just a taste of what's to come.
"We're going to try to add a couple of songs to the album every year and then maybe do a music video each year," he said.
RELATED: BING: Unusual baby names
Get out the vote
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite