John Travolta's First Sex Abuse Accuser Hired Gloria Allred To Be His New Lawyer
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet3 of 8
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: VPC/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: David Zentz/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
As we previously reported, the unidentified masseur's former attorney, Okorie Okorocha, formally dismissed the lawsuit against Travolta on Tuesday, after he and his client parted ways.
The powerhouse civil rights attorney tells RadarOnline.com exclusively, "I represent John Doe No. 1. Mr. Doe's lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means that he is still legally entitled to file another lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses. We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take. Our client and our firm has no further comment at this time."
The Texas man had hired Los Angeles lawyer, Okorie Okorocha to represent him, but in a stunning turn of events, the two stopped working together last week. John Doe No. 1 claimed Travolta sexually assaulted him in Los Angeles on Jan. 16, 2012, and said he could prove Travolta was in town on that date.
But Travolta's attorney, Marty Singer not only vehemently denied the charges, he also provided proof that his client was in New York on the day John Doe No. 1 claimed the assault took place. John Doe No. 1 has subsequently claimed that his original date of Jan. 16 was a "miscalculation" and that the alleged assault actually took place a few days earlier.
Okorocha will continue to represent the Atlanta masseur who also made similar allegations against the "Pulp Fiction" star, and is also suing him for sexual assault and battery.
Interestingly, Marty Singer and Gloria Allred have previously gone head-to-head in high profile celebrity cases including the Tiger Woods and Rachel Uchitel sex scandal.
MORE FROM RADAR ONLINE:
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite