John Travolta's First Sex Abuse Accuser Hired Gloria Allred To Be His New Lawyer
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet3 of 8
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: VPC/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: David Zentz/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
As we previously reported, the unidentified masseur's former attorney, Okorie Okorocha, formally dismissed the lawsuit against Travolta on Tuesday, after he and his client parted ways.
The powerhouse civil rights attorney tells RadarOnline.com exclusively, "I represent John Doe No. 1. Mr. Doe's lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means that he is still legally entitled to file another lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses. We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take. Our client and our firm has no further comment at this time."
The Texas man had hired Los Angeles lawyer, Okorie Okorocha to represent him, but in a stunning turn of events, the two stopped working together last week. John Doe No. 1 claimed Travolta sexually assaulted him in Los Angeles on Jan. 16, 2012, and said he could prove Travolta was in town on that date.
But Travolta's attorney, Marty Singer not only vehemently denied the charges, he also provided proof that his client was in New York on the day John Doe No. 1 claimed the assault took place. John Doe No. 1 has subsequently claimed that his original date of Jan. 16 was a "miscalculation" and that the alleged assault actually took place a few days earlier.
Okorocha will continue to represent the Atlanta masseur who also made similar allegations against the "Pulp Fiction" star, and is also suing him for sexual assault and battery.
Interestingly, Marty Singer and Gloria Allred have previously gone head-to-head in high profile celebrity cases including the Tiger Woods and Rachel Uchitel sex scandal.
MORE FROM RADAR ONLINE:
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite