John Travolta's Second Accuser Drops Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet1 of 7
- Photo: © Rahav Segev/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: AP1/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
John Travolta's good name has been restored -- for now.
Two days after a male masseur, known as John Doe No. 1, dropped his sexual battery lawsuit against the 58-year-old actor, the case's second plaintiff, known as John Doe No. 2, has followed suit, according to CNN. And like John Doe No. 1, he has hired Gloria Allred to be his attorney.
"We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice," Allred said in a statement Thursday. "We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case."
The two massage therapists had previously accused Travolta of groping them at hotels in Los Angeles and Atlanta in January. Attorney Okorie Okorocha, who once represented both plaintiffs, told CNN he does not know why John Doe No. 2 had withdrawn his lawsuit.
Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, had previously called both masseurs' claims "ridiculous." Okorocha dropped John Doe No. 1 as a client Tuesday because he incorrectly listed the date of his alleged incident with Travolta as January 16; John Doe No. 1 later claimed it occurred on January 15.
John Doe No.1 may still pursue legal action against Travolta, as he hired attorney Gloria Allred on Wednesday.
"Mr. Doe's lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice, which means that he is still legally entitled to file a lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses," Allred, 70, said in a statement. "We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take. Our client and our firm has no further comment at this time."
Travolta's lawyer, Marty Singer, said "Not one penny has been paid nor do we have any intention to pay any money for these ridiculous and false claims," as reported by TMZ.
Travolta married actress Kelly Preston, 49, in 1991. She is the mother of his three children: Jett (1992-2009), Ella (born in 2000) and Benjamin (born in 2010).
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite