Johnny Depp Says He Feared His Flight Was Going Down
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: YFrog/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Grayson Alexander/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Richard Stonehouse/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Johnny Depp fares better on the high seas than in the sky.
In a new interview with Life magazine, the 48-year-old actor opens up about a frightening moment he experienced with "Rum Diary" director Bruce Robinson while they were on a plane.
"The plane just shut down," Depp explains. "The sound of the engines stopped. There was silence. Bruce and I were looking at each other and I think I said, 'Is this it?' It was like this weird extended moment when you're just floating for a second and you could feel this unpleasant descent."
"Nobody said a word except for Bruce and I, sitting next to each other saying, 'Oh s---! This is death; I guess this is how it goes down,'" Depp says. "Then we burst into hysterical laughter at the idea that this was how we were going to die."
Depp and Robinson, 65, were relieved when the engines suddenly started back up. "I guess you could say that was a big bonding experience for Bruce and me," Depp says. "For a moment there, we were going down together."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite