Johnny Depp Says He Feared His Flight Was Going Down
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: YFrog/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Grayson Alexander/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Richard Stonehouse/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Johnny Depp fares better on the high seas than in the sky.
In a new interview with Life magazine, the 48-year-old actor opens up about a frightening moment he experienced with "Rum Diary" director Bruce Robinson while they were on a plane.
"The plane just shut down," Depp explains. "The sound of the engines stopped. There was silence. Bruce and I were looking at each other and I think I said, 'Is this it?' It was like this weird extended moment when you're just floating for a second and you could feel this unpleasant descent."
"Nobody said a word except for Bruce and I, sitting next to each other saying, 'Oh s---! This is death; I guess this is how it goes down,'" Depp says. "Then we burst into hysterical laughter at the idea that this was how we were going to die."
Depp and Robinson, 65, were relieved when the engines suddenly started back up. "I guess you could say that was a big bonding experience for Bruce and me," Depp says. "For a moment there, we were going down together."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite