- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Longendyke/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 10 of 'Arrested Development's' Best Inside Jokes (Videos)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:01:03 PM
- Celebrities playing celebritiesMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 12:50:59 PM
- 'Great Gatsby' Becomes 1st Baz Luhrmann Film to Cross $100M DomesticallyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 12:49:50 PM
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 12:15:52 PM
- Mariah Carey Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 'Good Morning America' AppearanceMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 12:09:41 PM
- 10 of 'Arrested Development's' Best Inside Jokes (Videos)
By Dana Flax, reporting by Robbie Sokolowsky
Last night Wonderwall put on its snow boots and cornered Jon Hamm and James Franco at the Bing Bar for their Sundance premiere of the new film, "Howl." In "Howl," Franco plays legendary beat poet Allen Ginsberg, whom he referred to as "a part of me," thanks to his San Francisco suburbs upbringing. "[The beat poets] were the guys I was reading when I started to get serious about reading, so he does have a place in my heart," the bookish grad student told us.
Read on to see what an, um, hammy Jon Hamm had to say to about wearing suits 24/7 and slicking his hair back with airplane food (?) in this exclusive interview with the Golden Globe winning "Mad Men" star.
Wonderwall: You play a lawyer in "Howl," an ad exec on "Mad Men." Do you always have to wear a suit?
Jon Hamm: "In 'Howl,' my character is actually based on a real person who looks nothing like me, so there is a little bit of wiggle room in that. But I do like wearing nice suits, I'll be honest."
WW: Did you wear a suit while you were doing voiceover for the upcoming "Shrek Forever After" movie?
JH: "Yes I did; I wore a three-piece!"
WW: What do you put in your hair?
JH: "What *don't* I put in my hair? At the moment there is probably some snow, leftover food from the airplane and God knows what else."
WW: And is the beard just a seasonal thing?
JH: "Yeah, I haven't been working for for the last 6 weeks or so, so I decided I would just let nature take its course."
WW: How did you get the "Howl" gig?
JH: "I read the script and they asked me to be in it. I found out who else was involved and I thought it was interesting -- not like other scripts out there. They're integrating a lot of different ways of telling stories in this movie."
WW: When did you first read Ginsberg's writing?
JH: "Probably in high school. We had to read all the beat poets, and I ate it up."
WW: Diesel is sponsoring this party, and their new campaign is "Be Stupid." If I asked you to "be stupid" right now, what would you do?
JH: "I would probably just live my life the way I live it day to day. Fairly stupid."
WW: Any secrets to the upcoming season of "Mad Men"?
JH: "I wish I knew; I don't think they exist yet. They are starting in the writers room in about a week and a half, so I'll find out when you find out."
Oh, Jon, way to play it cool. On second thought, I guess that's what they pay you the big bucks for.
More on Wonderwall:
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite