- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Longendyke/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
By Dana Flax, reporting by Robbie Sokolowsky
Last night Wonderwall put on its snow boots and cornered Jon Hamm and James Franco at the Bing Bar for their Sundance premiere of the new film, "Howl." In "Howl," Franco plays legendary beat poet Allen Ginsberg, whom he referred to as "a part of me," thanks to his San Francisco suburbs upbringing. "[The beat poets] were the guys I was reading when I started to get serious about reading, so he does have a place in my heart," the bookish grad student told us.
Read on to see what an, um, hammy Jon Hamm had to say to about wearing suits 24/7 and slicking his hair back with airplane food (?) in this exclusive interview with the Golden Globe winning "Mad Men" star.
Wonderwall: You play a lawyer in "Howl," an ad exec on "Mad Men." Do you always have to wear a suit?
Jon Hamm: "In 'Howl,' my character is actually based on a real person who looks nothing like me, so there is a little bit of wiggle room in that. But I do like wearing nice suits, I'll be honest."
WW: Did you wear a suit while you were doing voiceover for the upcoming "Shrek Forever After" movie?
JH: "Yes I did; I wore a three-piece!"
WW: What do you put in your hair?
JH: "What *don't* I put in my hair? At the moment there is probably some snow, leftover food from the airplane and God knows what else."
WW: And is the beard just a seasonal thing?
JH: "Yeah, I haven't been working for for the last 6 weeks or so, so I decided I would just let nature take its course."
WW: How did you get the "Howl" gig?
JH: "I read the script and they asked me to be in it. I found out who else was involved and I thought it was interesting -- not like other scripts out there. They're integrating a lot of different ways of telling stories in this movie."
WW: When did you first read Ginsberg's writing?
JH: "Probably in high school. We had to read all the beat poets, and I ate it up."
WW: Diesel is sponsoring this party, and their new campaign is "Be Stupid." If I asked you to "be stupid" right now, what would you do?
JH: "I would probably just live my life the way I live it day to day. Fairly stupid."
WW: Any secrets to the upcoming season of "Mad Men"?
JH: "I wish I knew; I don't think they exist yet. They are starting in the writers room in about a week and a half, so I'll find out when you find out."
Oh, Jon, way to play it cool. On second thought, I guess that's what they pay you the big bucks for.
More on Wonderwall:
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite