Jonah Hill Lashes Out at Paparazzo in Homophobic Rant
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: WP/Splash News/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: SPOT/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
UPDATE: Jonah Hill spoke to Howard Stern on Tuesday morning after the clip came to light and apologized for his actions. "What I said in that moment was disgusting and a hurtful term. I should have said either nothing, or 'f--- you,'" he told Stern, adding that the situation is "heartbreaking" because he is a gay rights activist.
"Just to give it some context, not excusing what I said in anyway, this [paparazzo] had been following me around all day, had been saying hurtful things about my family, really hurtful things about me personally, and I played into exactly what he wanted," Hill explained. "I used a word that I don't use in my personal life. It's not part of my vernacular. I'm happy to take the heat for using this disgusting word. What I won't allow ... it would break my heart to think that anyone would think, especially with all the work that I've done and all the loved ones I have, that I would be against anyone for their sexuality."
The original story continues below ...
Jonah Hill lost his cool. The "22 Jump Street" actor, 30, was followed by photographers this weekend when he was walking with a friend in the Los Angeles neighborhood Larchmont.
Wearing printed shorts, a polo T-shirt, sneakers, and a baseball cap, Hill ignored the cameras for most of his stroll. One cameraman continued to try to speak to him, teasing the actor about his outfit by saying, "I like the shorts though, bro. They are pretty sexy."
As he walked away with his pal, turning down a side street, the paparazzo continued to follow him, finally giving up and saying to the star, "Have a good day."
Hill snapped back, throwing a homophobic slur at the man. "Suck my d--k, you f----t," he retorted to the photographer.
Back in 2012, Hill got into a Twitter feud with CNN's Don Lemon and made another statement that raised eyebrows. Lemon, who is openly gay, called Hill "a tool" on Twitter after he said hi to the actor in a hotel and commented that he thinks Hill "thought I was a bellman."
The "Wolf of Wall Street" star responded, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12-year-old girl. Peace."
Speaking about the incident with journalist George Stroumboulopoulos, Lemon commented, "[His] response, I thought, was a bit homophobic."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite