Joseph Gordon Levitt: Dating Zooey Deschanel Would Be 'Awkward'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Â© Kristen Noseda/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:16:00 PM
- Sailor in Iconic End-of-World War II Kissing Photo DeadMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Stooges Drummer Scott Asheton Dead, Iggy Pop SaysMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Producers and Cast Talk Finale, Season 5 and Caleb'MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Bachelor Vet Elizabeth Kitt Weds Bachelorette Alum Ty BrownMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:31:00 PM
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show
Whether they're tugging on the heartstrings of hopeless romantics in "(500) Days of Summer" or singing a holiday-themed duet in an amateur video, there's no denying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel have some serious on-screen chemistry.
But according to "The Dark Knight Rises" actor, the pair, who have been friends for over a decade, are not romantically linked.
"It's awkward when people say that," Gordon-Levitt, 31, tells the new issue of Playboy about the fans who want the comrades to shack up. "Zooey and I just think it's funny. It is funny. We've been friends for 10 years."
Indeed, Deschanel's new relationship status (she filed for divorce from husband Ben Gibbard in January 2012 and in June was spotted on the arm of new boyfriend Jamie Linden) is fine by Gordon-Levitt, who sees the dark-haired, blue-eyed New Girl actress, 32, both as a close friend and an amazing woman.
"She loves movies, music and art, and she's incredibly knowledgeable about that stuff," he tells the magazine. "She's turned me on to so many good movies and so much good music. It's fun just to have conversations, watch movies with her and stuff like that."
Gordon-Levitt has been linked to Larisa Oleynik and Devon Aoki in the past.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Paris Hilton flaunts her new real estate development, the Paris Beach Club, on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rita Ora, Kristen Bell, and Britney Spears all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the controversy surrounding the "Bachelor" Juan Pablo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite