Joseph Gordon Levitt: Dating Zooey Deschanel Would Be 'Awkward'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Â© Kristen Noseda/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Metro Los Angeles Removes 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads for 'Offensive LanguMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:44:00 PM
- 'Super 8's' Gabriel Basso Joins Tom Hanks in Meg Ryan's DirectorMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:29:00 PM
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as CEO of OracleMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:28:00 PM
- NFL Player Jonathan Dwyer Beat Wife and Son, According to PoliceMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:27:00 PM
- Adrian Peterson's Mother Defends Suspended NFL Star's Violent Discipline: &apoMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:24:00 PM
- Metro Los Angeles Removes 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads for 'Offensive Langu
Whether they're tugging on the heartstrings of hopeless romantics in "(500) Days of Summer" or singing a holiday-themed duet in an amateur video, there's no denying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel have some serious on-screen chemistry.
But according to "The Dark Knight Rises" actor, the pair, who have been friends for over a decade, are not romantically linked.
"It's awkward when people say that," Gordon-Levitt, 31, tells the new issue of Playboy about the fans who want the comrades to shack up. "Zooey and I just think it's funny. It is funny. We've been friends for 10 years."
Indeed, Deschanel's new relationship status (she filed for divorce from husband Ben Gibbard in January 2012 and in June was spotted on the arm of new boyfriend Jamie Linden) is fine by Gordon-Levitt, who sees the dark-haired, blue-eyed New Girl actress, 32, both as a close friend and an amazing woman.
"She loves movies, music and art, and she's incredibly knowledgeable about that stuff," he tells the magazine. "She's turned me on to so many good movies and so much good music. It's fun just to have conversations, watch movies with her and stuff like that."
Gordon-Levitt has been linked to Larisa Oleynik and Devon Aoki in the past.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHooking Up?
From Crowd Ignite