Joseph Gordon Levitt: Dating Zooey Deschanel Would Be 'Awkward'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Â© Kristen Noseda/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Whether they're tugging on the heartstrings of hopeless romantics in "(500) Days of Summer" or singing a holiday-themed duet in an amateur video, there's no denying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel have some serious on-screen chemistry.
But according to "The Dark Knight Rises" actor, the pair, who have been friends for over a decade, are not romantically linked.
"It's awkward when people say that," Gordon-Levitt, 31, tells the new issue of Playboy about the fans who want the comrades to shack up. "Zooey and I just think it's funny. It is funny. We've been friends for 10 years."
Indeed, Deschanel's new relationship status (she filed for divorce from husband Ben Gibbard in January 2012 and in June was spotted on the arm of new boyfriend Jamie Linden) is fine by Gordon-Levitt, who sees the dark-haired, blue-eyed New Girl actress, 32, both as a close friend and an amazing woman.
"She loves movies, music and art, and she's incredibly knowledgeable about that stuff," he tells the magazine. "She's turned me on to so many good movies and so much good music. It's fun just to have conversations, watch movies with her and stuff like that."
Gordon-Levitt has been linked to Larisa Oleynik and Devon Aoki in the past.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite