Joseph Gordon Levitt: Dating Zooey Deschanel Would Be 'Awkward'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: Â© Kristen Noseda/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: © Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.14 of 16
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Whether they're tugging on the heartstrings of hopeless romantics in "(500) Days of Summer" or singing a holiday-themed duet in an amateur video, there's no denying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel have some serious on-screen chemistry.
But according to "The Dark Knight Rises" actor, the pair, who have been friends for over a decade, are not romantically linked.
"It's awkward when people say that," Gordon-Levitt, 31, tells the new issue of Playboy about the fans who want the comrades to shack up. "Zooey and I just think it's funny. It is funny. We've been friends for 10 years."
Indeed, Deschanel's new relationship status (she filed for divorce from husband Ben Gibbard in January 2012 and in June was spotted on the arm of new boyfriend Jamie Linden) is fine by Gordon-Levitt, who sees the dark-haired, blue-eyed New Girl actress, 32, both as a close friend and an amazing woman.
"She loves movies, music and art, and she's incredibly knowledgeable about that stuff," he tells the magazine. "She's turned me on to so many good movies and so much good music. It's fun just to have conversations, watch movies with her and stuff like that."
Gordon-Levitt has been linked to Larisa Oleynik and Devon Aoki in the past.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite