Josh Brolin: My Daugher is More Talented Than My Father and I Combined
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/Bauer-Griffin8 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 12
- Photo: JEAN-PAUL AUSSENARD/Bauer-Griffin11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
By Scott Huver
When Josh Brolin's daughter, Eden, decided to become an actress, it made her papa proud -- and he knew better than to be protective.
RELATED: 25 Hottest Pop Culture Cowboys
The "Men in Black III" star says that while he knows the struggles and heartbreak that can accompany an actor's life, he also knew from experience that there would be no stopping his teenage daughter from pursuing a career in show business.
"The thing is, you look at your kid and basically you're going, 'What do you want to do with your life?' 'I want to be rejected my entire life.' 'Go for it!'" chuckles Brolin. "It's not something that you wish for your kids. Even in the greatest successes, you're always going to have people slamming you. It's constant, especially now with the Internet and all that. But she's got the skin, she's got the heart and she's got the talent, so why not?"
RELATED: Celebrity Stepparents
Eden is Brolin's daughter with his first wife, actress Alice Adair, and certainly hails from a show biz lineage: Along with her dad and stepmother, Diane Lane, grandfather James Brolin has enjoyed a long career in Hollywood (as has James' wife, superstar Barbra Streisand).
"She has much more talent than my father and I put together, for sure," says Brolin. "I've seen her on stage: it just blew my mind. If it's in there, it's in there."
The actor also recalls having a similar experience with his own father when acting beckoned. "Everybody imagines your dad was an actor so, therefore, you became an actor," says Brolin. "My dad wasn't in the position to get me a job. He didn't run a studio or something -- my dad was trying to get his own jobs. So when I became an actor, he was like, 'You sure you wanna do that?!' And now my daughter's into it and it's the same thing."
RELATED: Fantasy Casting: The Goonies
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite