Josh Brolin: My Daugher is More Talented Than My Father and I Combined
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/Bauer-Griffin8 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 12
- Photo: JEAN-PAUL AUSSENARD/Bauer-Griffin11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
By Scott Huver
When Josh Brolin's daughter, Eden, decided to become an actress, it made her papa proud -- and he knew better than to be protective.
RELATED: 25 Hottest Pop Culture Cowboys
The "Men in Black III" star says that while he knows the struggles and heartbreak that can accompany an actor's life, he also knew from experience that there would be no stopping his teenage daughter from pursuing a career in show business.
"The thing is, you look at your kid and basically you're going, 'What do you want to do with your life?' 'I want to be rejected my entire life.' 'Go for it!'" chuckles Brolin. "It's not something that you wish for your kids. Even in the greatest successes, you're always going to have people slamming you. It's constant, especially now with the Internet and all that. But she's got the skin, she's got the heart and she's got the talent, so why not?"
RELATED: Celebrity Stepparents
Eden is Brolin's daughter with his first wife, actress Alice Adair, and certainly hails from a show biz lineage: Along with her dad and stepmother, Diane Lane, grandfather James Brolin has enjoyed a long career in Hollywood (as has James' wife, superstar Barbra Streisand).
"She has much more talent than my father and I put together, for sure," says Brolin. "I've seen her on stage: it just blew my mind. If it's in there, it's in there."
The actor also recalls having a similar experience with his own father when acting beckoned. "Everybody imagines your dad was an actor so, therefore, you became an actor," says Brolin. "My dad wasn't in the position to get me a job. He didn't run a studio or something -- my dad was trying to get his own jobs. So when I became an actor, he was like, 'You sure you wanna do that?!' And now my daughter's into it and it's the same thing."
RELATED: Fantasy Casting: The Goonies
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite