Josh Brolin talks New Year's Day arrest
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: .2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Lee Jin-man/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Barnes, Heigl in tune in romance 'Jackie and Ryan'MSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 7:47:36 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a New
By Entertainment Tonight
Josh Brolin sat down with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos to talk about his new film, "Gangster Squad," and the conversation veered towards his New Year's Day arrest for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, Calif. When asked about what happened on New Year's, Brolin took it in stride.
"New Year's -- that's what happened," he joked. "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh -- let's grab him,' you know. It was New Year's. It was a pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Throughout the interview, Josh was able to keep a sense of humor about the situation.
"The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] -- they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face," he said, referring to his mug shot. "So you know, whatever -- they were very sweet to me actually. [The media outlets] sensationalize it -- you make it into something else, but whatever."
Santa Monica, Calif., police told ET that Brolin was arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2013, but was released a few hours later with no further action being sought by the department. But this isn't the actor's first run-in with the law -- he was arrested once on a misdemeanor charge of battery in 2004, and once after an alleged bar incident in 2008, but charges were dropped in both cases.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Violation
From Crowd Ignite