Josh Brolin talks New Year's Day arrest
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: .2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Lee Jin-man/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
By Entertainment Tonight
Josh Brolin sat down with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos to talk about his new film, "Gangster Squad," and the conversation veered towards his New Year's Day arrest for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, Calif. When asked about what happened on New Year's, Brolin took it in stride.
"New Year's -- that's what happened," he joked. "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh -- let's grab him,' you know. It was New Year's. It was a pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Throughout the interview, Josh was able to keep a sense of humor about the situation.
"The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] -- they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face," he said, referring to his mug shot. "So you know, whatever -- they were very sweet to me actually. [The media outlets] sensationalize it -- you make it into something else, but whatever."
Santa Monica, Calif., police told ET that Brolin was arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2013, but was released a few hours later with no further action being sought by the department. But this isn't the actor's first run-in with the law -- he was arrested once on a misdemeanor charge of battery in 2004, and once after an alleged bar incident in 2008, but charges were dropped in both cases.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite