Josh Brolin talks New Year's Day arrest
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: .2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Lee Jin-man/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Emmy Parties 2014: Zoe Saldana, Michelle Dockery, Aaron Paul Break the Seal (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:57:00 PM
- Yahoo Passes on Saving Enlisted From CancellationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- 'When the Game Stands Tall's' Alexander Ludwig: Learning Football Moves WMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:42:00 PM
- SNL Alum Rachel Dratch Will Guest-Star on Parks and Recreation's Final SeasonMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'
By Entertainment Tonight
Josh Brolin sat down with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos to talk about his new film, "Gangster Squad," and the conversation veered towards his New Year's Day arrest for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, Calif. When asked about what happened on New Year's, Brolin took it in stride.
"New Year's -- that's what happened," he joked. "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh -- let's grab him,' you know. It was New Year's. It was a pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Throughout the interview, Josh was able to keep a sense of humor about the situation.
"The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] -- they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face," he said, referring to his mug shot. "So you know, whatever -- they were very sweet to me actually. [The media outlets] sensationalize it -- you make it into something else, but whatever."
Santa Monica, Calif., police told ET that Brolin was arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2013, but was released a few hours later with no further action being sought by the department. But this isn't the actor's first run-in with the law -- he was arrested once on a misdemeanor charge of battery in 2004, and once after an alleged bar incident in 2008, but charges were dropped in both cases.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDesigner Duds
From Crowd Ignite