Josh Brolin talks New Year's Day arrest
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: .2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Lee Jin-man/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
By Entertainment Tonight
Josh Brolin sat down with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos to talk about his new film, "Gangster Squad," and the conversation veered towards his New Year's Day arrest for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, Calif. When asked about what happened on New Year's, Brolin took it in stride.
"New Year's -- that's what happened," he joked. "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh -- let's grab him,' you know. It was New Year's. It was a pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Throughout the interview, Josh was able to keep a sense of humor about the situation.
"The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] -- they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face," he said, referring to his mug shot. "So you know, whatever -- they were very sweet to me actually. [The media outlets] sensationalize it -- you make it into something else, but whatever."
Santa Monica, Calif., police told ET that Brolin was arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2013, but was released a few hours later with no further action being sought by the department. But this isn't the actor's first run-in with the law -- he was arrested once on a misdemeanor charge of battery in 2004, and once after an alleged bar incident in 2008, but charges were dropped in both cases.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite