Josh Brolin talks New Year's Day arrest
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: .2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Lee Jin-man/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- 'Ironside' Star Paul Mitchell Dead at 71MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:33:28 AM
- Ooyala, ESPN's Web Video Provider, Raises $43 MillionMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:27:43 AM
- A&E Networks Rebranding Bio Channel to Lifestyle Channel FYIMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:09:52 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!
By Entertainment Tonight
Josh Brolin sat down with "Good Morning America" host George Stephanopoulos to talk about his new film, "Gangster Squad," and the conversation veered towards his New Year's Day arrest for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, Calif. When asked about what happened on New Year's, Brolin took it in stride.
"New Year's -- that's what happened," he joked. "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh -- let's grab him,' you know. It was New Year's. It was a pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Throughout the interview, Josh was able to keep a sense of humor about the situation.
"The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] -- they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face," he said, referring to his mug shot. "So you know, whatever -- they were very sweet to me actually. [The media outlets] sensationalize it -- you make it into something else, but whatever."
Santa Monica, Calif., police told ET that Brolin was arrested at 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2013, but was released a few hours later with no further action being sought by the department. But this isn't the actor's first run-in with the law -- he was arrested once on a misdemeanor charge of battery in 2004, and once after an alleged bar incident in 2008, but charges were dropped in both cases.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite