Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 19
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 19
- Photo: Rebecca Peloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: FunnyorDie via Jezebel/.9 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Courtesy Cincinatti Zoo/.11 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Disney/Promotional/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet14 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Wonderwall15 of 19
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
He plays kindhearted Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games," but when Josh Hutcherson adopted a puppy, he decided to name it after a much darker film character.
"I'm obsessed with the movie 'Drive,' and Ryan Gosling's character was named Driver," he told Us Weekly at the GLAAD Awards in Los Angeles Saturday night. "I always thought it was a good name for a dog so it just kind of worked out."
In addition to hanging out with Driver and moving into a new home this summer, the 19-year-old star is looking forward to "taking it easy," he says.
It's no wonder he's ready to relax. To prepare for his role in the blockbuster film, Hutcherson had to put on weight and exercise with ex-Navy Seal Logan Hood, who "just kicks ass," he told Us.
Hood, who also worked with Liam Hemsworth, 22, had Hutcherson "flipping tires the parking lot and slamming baseball bats against body bags -- crazy things! It was so unconventional, and you're working muscles you didn't even know you had. You're like, 'How am I possibly this sore?'"
Hutcherson added: "I felt like with Logan, I was sore for four days afterwards, and we worked out five days a week, so I was in a constant state of soreness!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite