Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 19
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 19
- Photo: Rebecca Peloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: FunnyorDie via Jezebel/.9 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Courtesy Cincinatti Zoo/.11 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Disney/Promotional/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet14 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Wonderwall15 of 19
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
He plays kindhearted Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games," but when Josh Hutcherson adopted a puppy, he decided to name it after a much darker film character.
"I'm obsessed with the movie 'Drive,' and Ryan Gosling's character was named Driver," he told Us Weekly at the GLAAD Awards in Los Angeles Saturday night. "I always thought it was a good name for a dog so it just kind of worked out."
In addition to hanging out with Driver and moving into a new home this summer, the 19-year-old star is looking forward to "taking it easy," he says.
It's no wonder he's ready to relax. To prepare for his role in the blockbuster film, Hutcherson had to put on weight and exercise with ex-Navy Seal Logan Hood, who "just kicks ass," he told Us.
Hood, who also worked with Liam Hemsworth, 22, had Hutcherson "flipping tires the parking lot and slamming baseball bats against body bags -- crazy things! It was so unconventional, and you're working muscles you didn't even know you had. You're like, 'How am I possibly this sore?'"
Hutcherson added: "I felt like with Logan, I was sore for four days afterwards, and we worked out five days a week, so I was in a constant state of soreness!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite