Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 19
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 19
- Photo: Rebecca Peloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: FunnyorDie via Jezebel/.9 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Courtesy Cincinatti Zoo/.11 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Disney/Promotional/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet14 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Wonderwall15 of 19
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
He plays kindhearted Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games," but when Josh Hutcherson adopted a puppy, he decided to name it after a much darker film character.
"I'm obsessed with the movie 'Drive,' and Ryan Gosling's character was named Driver," he told Us Weekly at the GLAAD Awards in Los Angeles Saturday night. "I always thought it was a good name for a dog so it just kind of worked out."
In addition to hanging out with Driver and moving into a new home this summer, the 19-year-old star is looking forward to "taking it easy," he says.
It's no wonder he's ready to relax. To prepare for his role in the blockbuster film, Hutcherson had to put on weight and exercise with ex-Navy Seal Logan Hood, who "just kicks ass," he told Us.
Hood, who also worked with Liam Hemsworth, 22, had Hutcherson "flipping tires the parking lot and slamming baseball bats against body bags -- crazy things! It was so unconventional, and you're working muscles you didn't even know you had. You're like, 'How am I possibly this sore?'"
Hutcherson added: "I felt like with Logan, I was sore for four days afterwards, and we worked out five days a week, so I was in a constant state of soreness!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite