Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 19
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 19
- Photo: Rebecca Peloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 19
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 19
- Photo: WENN8 of 19
- Photo: FunnyorDie via Jezebel/.9 of 19
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Courtesy Cincinatti Zoo/.11 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Disney/Promotional/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet14 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Wonderwall15 of 19
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN17 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
He plays kindhearted Peeta Mellark in "The Hunger Games," but when Josh Hutcherson adopted a puppy, he decided to name it after a much darker film character.
"I'm obsessed with the movie 'Drive,' and Ryan Gosling's character was named Driver," he told Us Weekly at the GLAAD Awards in Los Angeles Saturday night. "I always thought it was a good name for a dog so it just kind of worked out."
In addition to hanging out with Driver and moving into a new home this summer, the 19-year-old star is looking forward to "taking it easy," he says.
It's no wonder he's ready to relax. To prepare for his role in the blockbuster film, Hutcherson had to put on weight and exercise with ex-Navy Seal Logan Hood, who "just kicks ass," he told Us.
Hood, who also worked with Liam Hemsworth, 22, had Hutcherson "flipping tires the parking lot and slamming baseball bats against body bags -- crazy things! It was so unconventional, and you're working muscles you didn't even know you had. You're like, 'How am I possibly this sore?'"
Hutcherson added: "I felt like with Logan, I was sore for four days afterwards, and we worked out five days a week, so I was in a constant state of soreness!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Josh Hutcherson: I Named My Dog After Ryan Gosling
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite