Joshua Jackson Gives Diane Kruger $45,000 Necklace -- But They're Not Engaged!
- Photo: LTA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: APL/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
Can't a guy just give a girl jewelry for no reason at all?
After many high-profile nights and days at the Cannes Film Festival, Diane Kruger and longtime beau Joshua Jackson hopped on over to Monte Carlo, Monaco, on Wednesday night.
At a Nights in Monaco benefit dinner and auction, the "Fringe" actor, 33, treated his girlfriend, 35, to a sweet treat, indeed: spending $45,000 on a Carla Amorim "Boreal" necklace, featuring 11.7 carats of white diamonds set in 18-karat rose gold.
The "Inglourious Basterds" actress "was stunned" and "absolutely floored" by Jackson's over-the-top purchase, according to a witness. "She kept kissing him the rest of the night because she was so shocked still! The necklace is out of this world and he definitely had his eye out for it."
Still, despite rumors to the contrary, a source assures Us Weekly that the longtime couple, who've been dating for over five years, are not engaged.
(Held at the Hotel de Paris, the inaugural Nights in Monaco auction benefited the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and the William J. Clinton Foundation, and was also attended by Prince Albert II of Monaco, President Bill Clinton, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Rose McGowan, Billy Zane and others.)
"Without sounding pessimistic, I learned that I don't believe in marriage," said Kruger to Glamour magazine in early February 2011. The star married French actor Guillaume Canet back in 2001, and they divorced five years later. "I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite