Jude Law writes to WTO against seal trade
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Gee/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Alex Kurtzman to Direct 'The Mummy' Reboot for UniversalMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:09:00 PM
- John Goodman in Talks to Join Bryan Cranston in Jay Roach's 'Trumbo' (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:51:00 PM
- The Best Life Lessons We Learned from Sex and the CityMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Guess Why Chris Pratt Stole His 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star-Lord Outfit?MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to Nashville
LONDON (AP) — Actor Jude Law has written to the World Trade Organization to urge it to uphold a European Union ban on seal fur.
The British actor was writing on behalf of animal protection group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which released the letter on Saturday.
The EU banned commercial trade in all seal products in its member states in 2010 amid concerns about the animal welfare aspects of hunting seals.
The ban is being challenged by the Canadian government, and the WTO is holding a hearing later this month to settle the dispute.
PETA has also enlisted actress Pamela Anderson in its publicity campaign against the seal trade.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite