Jude Law writes to WTO against seal trade
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Gee/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Tribeca: Patrick Stewart and Mary Elizabeth Winstead Steal the Show on Night 3MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:36:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Accuser's Lawyer Says More Sex Abuse Lawsuits Against 'Hollywood InsiMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:39:00 PM
- Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew 'American Idol' Contract, but NBCU and E! Future UncertMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:14:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Tribeca: Patrick Stewart and Mary Elizabeth Winstead Steal the Show on Night 3
LONDON (AP) — Actor Jude Law has written to the World Trade Organization to urge it to uphold a European Union ban on seal fur.
The British actor was writing on behalf of animal protection group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which released the letter on Saturday.
The EU banned commercial trade in all seal products in its member states in 2010 amid concerns about the animal welfare aspects of hunting seals.
The ban is being challenged by the Canadian government, and the WTO is holding a hearing later this month to settle the dispute.
PETA has also enlisted actress Pamela Anderson in its publicity campaign against the seal trade.
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite