Jude Law writes to WTO against seal trade
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin4 of 11
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Gee/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/Getty Images North America7 of 11
- Photo: WENN8 of 11
- Photo: WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
LONDON (AP) — Actor Jude Law has written to the World Trade Organization to urge it to uphold a European Union ban on seal fur.
The British actor was writing on behalf of animal protection group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), which released the letter on Saturday.
The EU banned commercial trade in all seal products in its member states in 2010 amid concerns about the animal welfare aspects of hunting seals.
The ban is being challenged by the Canadian government, and the WTO is holding a hearing later this month to settle the dispute.
PETA has also enlisted actress Pamela Anderson in its publicity campaign against the seal trade.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite