- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Hello! magazine/.2 of 8
- Photo: Will Groves/Pacific Coast News3 of 8
- Photo: Kirsty Wigglesworth/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:14:00 AM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81
By Kat Giantis
More than five months after he became a father for the fourth time, Jude Law has apparently squeezed in a visit to his newest offspring. The London Sun says the actor winged to Florida last week to hammer out an agreement on his parental obligations to daughter Sophia, who arrived on Sept. 22 following his brief romance with model Samantha Burke.
Law appears to have approached the tête-à-tête like any other negotiation. According to the paper, he had a six-hour conference with his lawyer in Miami on Thursday, two days before he reportedly met with Burke and her legal team to finalize the deal.
The London Daily Mail claims Samantha is set to receive an estimated $7,500 a month in support, along with additional funds for education and medical expenses.
RELATED VIDEO: Profile: Jude Law
Burke, who enjoyed a fertile, fleeting hookup with the star while he was filming "Sherlock Holmes" in New York in late 2008, was spotted with a pink-clad Sophia and her mother at a luxury hotel located not far from where he was believed to be staying.
"Jude was very on edge about the meeting. The pregnancy wasn't planned, but he wants to do the right thing," asserts a source. "It's not like he can hide. As soon as Sophia can use the Internet, she can find out who her dad is."
In an accompanying sit-down with the mag, Samantha admitted that Jude hadn't yet met Sophia or sent a gift, but she predicted that he would "fall in love" once he saw the tot.
She also shared her hope that he would be "just as good as he is to his three children by Sadie Frost. He's a great father to his three kids [Rafferty, 13, Iris, 9, and Rudy, 7]. She's his daughter and I believe he'll come through. I mean, once you see her face, how can you deny it?"
A couple months before Burke gave birth, Law released a statement acknowledging that he intended to be "a fully supportive part of the child's life," before adding, "This is an entirely private matter."
And it seems he wants to keep it that way. When asked by a paparazzo on Wednesday if he was in Miami to see his daughter, a supposedly "stressed"-looking Jude curtly responded, "It's nothing to do with you."
RELATED: The cheated hearts club
The confab comes on the heels of rumors that the actor is thinking about re-popping the question to rekindled flame Sienna Miller, who is reportedly planning to move back into his London digs.
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite