Judge Rules Jesse James Can Move Sunny to Texas
- Photo: Benassi/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Deano/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Deano/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Jesse James can move his daughter, Sunny, to Texas to be near Sandra Bullock, a judge ruled in Orange County family court Tuesday. Her mom, Janine Lindemulder, broke down sobbing upon hearing the news. "I can't do this!" she said hysterically, while putting her head down. "I'll move! I'll move!"
Judge Thomas Schulte ruled that James will have physical custody of Sunny, 6, and Lindemulder, who was recently released from a halfway house, will share legal custody. She will see Sunny once a month in California, get half of Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, two-thirds of summer vacation and all of spring break. Sunny will stay with Lindemulder for the remainder of the summer before moving to Texas to attend school in the fall. Financial issues will be determined at a later court date.
Judge Schulte said he based his decision on Sunny's bond with her siblings who live with their father, Chandler, 15, and Jesse Jr., 12 "and the fact that she is doing well in her father's care." Sunny's relationship with Bullock's adopted son, Louis Bardo, did not come up, although Lindemulder has said Sunny misses him. Even though the judge ruled that Lindemulder was clean off drugs, he had concerns that she was in a "fragile position to make poor decisions," including the one to wed an ex-con while incarcerated (from whom she is already separated), despite it being a probation violation. James was all smiles upon entering the court Tuesday, but stoic on the way out. He did not speak to reporters or photographers before jumping on his motorcycle and speeding away.
Us Weekly has reported that Bullock and James, who recently finalized their divorce, are speaking again. Lindemulder once complained in court documents that, "All Sunny talks about is Sandy, Sandy! Wtf?!"
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite