Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes 'loved her family,' fiance says after her death
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America2 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP3 of 13
- Photo: @mariolopezextra/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Araya Diaz/Getty Images North America7 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: INF11 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
John Dilbeck, the fiance of Julia Roberts' half-sister, has broken his silence following the tragic death of his wife-to-be. As previously reported, Nancy Motes was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in a bathtub on Feb. 9.
"John Dilbeck and his extended family would like to express their heartfelt condolences to all of Nancy Motes' family and friends," a statement to Us Weekly reads. "We loved her dearly and will miss her always. Please know that the words she wrote in online venues were those of someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them."
"Nancy was a kind and thoughtful person quick to give a hug or share her memorable laugh," the statement continues. "John is heartbroken and requests that he be left in peace to recover from a loss that all should understand."
Roberts' half-sister Motes was found dead at an L.A. residence and left a suicide note behind. "All we're saying at this point was that there was a note found," a spokesperson from the Office of the Los Angeles Country Department of Coroner told Us at the time. Prescription drugs and nonprescription drugs were also found at the scene, but it is still unknown whether or not the drugs played a role in her death.
Motes and the Oscar-winning actress -- who canceled an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Feb. 10 -- appeared to have been strained before Motes' tragic death. Last October, Motes tweeted a cryptic message about her family. "It's a shame when you get more support from strangers than you do from your family. I can't wait to officially belong to another family!" she wrote. "A family that loves & accepts me. Doesn't throw shade my way. Forgives me for my mistakes & loves me for who I am."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite