Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes 'loved her family,' fiance says after her death
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America2 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP3 of 13
- Photo: @mariolopezextra/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Araya Diaz/Getty Images North America7 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: INF11 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Maze Runner' Races to $1.1 Million in Late Thursday Night ScreeningsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Color lines are blurred in ABC comedy 'black-ish'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 8:07:13 AM
- Artist says tax case shows China's dark sideMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 7:49:04 AM
- Liam Neeson, Denzel Washington Face Off in Action Movie SmackdownMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 7:21:00 AM
- Scout and Talullah Willis Share a Naked Bath TogetherMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 7:03:00 AM
- 'Maze Runner' Races to $1.1 Million in Late Thursday Night Screenings
John Dilbeck, the fiance of Julia Roberts' half-sister, has broken his silence following the tragic death of his wife-to-be. As previously reported, Nancy Motes was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in a bathtub on Feb. 9.
"John Dilbeck and his extended family would like to express their heartfelt condolences to all of Nancy Motes' family and friends," a statement to Us Weekly reads. "We loved her dearly and will miss her always. Please know that the words she wrote in online venues were those of someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them."
"Nancy was a kind and thoughtful person quick to give a hug or share her memorable laugh," the statement continues. "John is heartbroken and requests that he be left in peace to recover from a loss that all should understand."
Roberts' half-sister Motes was found dead at an L.A. residence and left a suicide note behind. "All we're saying at this point was that there was a note found," a spokesperson from the Office of the Los Angeles Country Department of Coroner told Us at the time. Prescription drugs and nonprescription drugs were also found at the scene, but it is still unknown whether or not the drugs played a role in her death.
Motes and the Oscar-winning actress -- who canceled an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Feb. 10 -- appeared to have been strained before Motes' tragic death. Last October, Motes tweeted a cryptic message about her family. "It's a shame when you get more support from strangers than you do from your family. I can't wait to officially belong to another family!" she wrote. "A family that loves & accepts me. Doesn't throw shade my way. Forgives me for my mistakes & loves me for who I am."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite