Julia Roberts: I Wouldn't Have Done 'Eat Pray Love' Without My FamilyRelated: Julia Roberts
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 4
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com2 of 4
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- 'Only God Forgives' Director Responds to Boos of His Ryan Gosling Thriller MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:57:56 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a T
Julia Roberts was able to bring along her family while she traveled for the filming 'Eat Pray Love.' She recalled the experience as "fabulous, necessary" and "paramount."
"I wouldn't have done the movie if they couldn't have been there with me," the actress told "Good Morning America" correspondent George Stephanopoulos. She said that her children are still at an age where they're a "vessel of great interest" and were "very content people" as they traveled through Italy, India and Bali. "It's really encouraging to me," she said of her kids' dispositions.
As for her eight-year marriage to Daniel Moder, she referred to her nuptials as that "rock solid moment." She told Stephanopoulos, "You're just tethered to that fella that means the most in the world. ... Your marriage should be your cornerstone. It's your bedrock. It's that place where all great things grow from."
In theaters August 13, 'Eat Pray Love' finds Roberts as Liz Gilbert, a modern woman who, despite having a dream husband, home and career, finds herself lost in life. Determined to wipe the slate clean and get a fresh start, she embarks on a journey of self-discovery that takes her around the globe to exotic locales ranging from Italy and India to Bali. The film is based upon the bestselling memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert of the same name.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite