Julianne Hough: I'm Very Competitive With Ryan Seacrest
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour1 of 13
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour2 of 13
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.9 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
In the July issue of Glamour, the "Rock of Ages "star admits to being highly competitive with the "American Idol" host, whom she began dating in 2010. "It gets silly. Ryan and I are very alike," she explains. "When we work out with a trainer, we'll die before we stop, like, to the point where we can't breathe."
Though she's 24 and he's 37, their age difference doesn't bother Hough. As for Seacrest? "He's always joking about it," Hough tells the magazine.
The two first met while Hough was engaged to childhood pal Zach Wilson, also a dancer. "He was a great guy -- I'd known him since I was 9. But I needed to figure myself out more, and so I moved to L.A. and we ended it," Hough says of Wilson. "And actually, he ended up marrying my childhood best friend, and now they have a kid together. It was a little weird when it happened, but they're a great couple!"
The dancer-turned-actress rebounded with country music star Chuck Wicks, 32, who went on to become her partner on "Dancing With the Stars." "While we were dating, we went on Ryan's radio show together. The interview's on YouTube, and I blush when I hear it because Ryan is hitting on me the entire time! At the end, Ryan said something like, 'You guys really have something special!' And I thought to myself, 'He's so full of s--- right now!' When Chuck and I broke up, I wanted to be single. That lasted five months. Then Ryan and I went on a date."
According to Hough, she was attracted to the "similarities" she shared with Seacrest: "We both like that perfection in ourselves, and we want to make our relationship like that."
Like Seacrest, who also hosts "E! News" and continues to emcee his daily radio show, Hough is workhorse. "I'm a very anxious person. If I'm not working, I go crazy," she tells Glamour. "I've been lucky in my career. But if I lost everything tomorrow -- and had no money -- I would somehow make it work. I have that survivor mentality because of a lot of stuff that went on in a previous life. I feel like I've had four lives."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite