Julianne Hough: I'm Very Competitive With Ryan Seacrest
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour1 of 13
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour2 of 13
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.9 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
In the July issue of Glamour, the "Rock of Ages "star admits to being highly competitive with the "American Idol" host, whom she began dating in 2010. "It gets silly. Ryan and I are very alike," she explains. "When we work out with a trainer, we'll die before we stop, like, to the point where we can't breathe."
Though she's 24 and he's 37, their age difference doesn't bother Hough. As for Seacrest? "He's always joking about it," Hough tells the magazine.
The two first met while Hough was engaged to childhood pal Zach Wilson, also a dancer. "He was a great guy -- I'd known him since I was 9. But I needed to figure myself out more, and so I moved to L.A. and we ended it," Hough says of Wilson. "And actually, he ended up marrying my childhood best friend, and now they have a kid together. It was a little weird when it happened, but they're a great couple!"
The dancer-turned-actress rebounded with country music star Chuck Wicks, 32, who went on to become her partner on "Dancing With the Stars." "While we were dating, we went on Ryan's radio show together. The interview's on YouTube, and I blush when I hear it because Ryan is hitting on me the entire time! At the end, Ryan said something like, 'You guys really have something special!' And I thought to myself, 'He's so full of s--- right now!' When Chuck and I broke up, I wanted to be single. That lasted five months. Then Ryan and I went on a date."
According to Hough, she was attracted to the "similarities" she shared with Seacrest: "We both like that perfection in ourselves, and we want to make our relationship like that."
Like Seacrest, who also hosts "E! News" and continues to emcee his daily radio show, Hough is workhorse. "I'm a very anxious person. If I'm not working, I go crazy," she tells Glamour. "I've been lucky in my career. But if I lost everything tomorrow -- and had no money -- I would somehow make it work. I have that survivor mentality because of a lot of stuff that went on in a previous life. I feel like I've had four lives."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Flop?
From Crowd Ignite